Thursday, April 21, 2011

A New Radical


As I've stated many times before, I don't really care for politics. I don't like either side in the U.S. political system. I don't usually write about it because followers of both sides get mad--sometimes they even leave nasty comments and hurt my feelings.

O.K., I lied. They don't really hurt my feelings. If you don't like my writing, I suggest you do what Gomer told Barney one time: "Why don't you run up an alley and holler 'fish'?"

A sound bite from our current president on the news this morning is simply too good not to comment about. He said that the Republicans' plan to cut spending and trim the country's crippling debt is "radical."

This was a personal revelation for me. It's liberating. I plan to use it to change my life. I recommend that you do so as well. Think of the new freedom we'd all have if we will just adopt this simple philosophy.

Mortgage payment due? Don't send it. Drop them a note and tell them their expectations are "radical." Utility company: radicals. Car payment: radicals. Other bills? Just a bunch of radicals trying to impede your quality of life. Don't stand for it any more.

Join me in the newly formed "Radical Party." Everything's free, and we don't have to work any more.

Just think of it! We will all have more time to watch unlimited hours of Andy Griffith reruns--unless those radicals at the cable company cut off our signal.

4 comments:

  1. Sign me up! I want to be in the Radical Party. I don't have any debt, not a lick, but if I did, I would ignore it from now on. Go, Radicals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No nasty comments from me, Ray. I have learned recently the power of negativity on FB. Lost the friendship of a very good friend over harsh, reckless words typed in haste over a trivial personal issue. The rung bell cannot be un-rung, but it will affect my behavior both online and off from now on. So, peace to you, brother. Love your blog and totally respect your right to express your point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syd, I'd never tell YOU to run up an alley and holler fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! One needs all friends one can get, even if they have never met!

    ReplyDelete