Friday, July 23, 2010

Rain on Me

It's been a long, hot week. Temperatures in the upper 90's and humidity about the same level.

As I type this, we are getting a nice rain shower. But it is occurring with full sunshine.

Sun shining brightly, rain pouring down.

When I was a young urchin and that happened, my momma would always say "the Devil's beatin' his wife." I don't know if that's an old Southern expression or just a family thing. Could be either. My maternal grandfather loved little songs, jokes, and stories.

I don't even know if the Devil has a wife. If he does, I'm sure she could use a good beating.

I can't wait for my P.C. and feminist friends to comment on that last line.

9 comments:

  1. Glad I am an old maid when I read stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If so, he should beat the Hell out of her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you both get such nice ladies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't speak for Felipe. I got lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charm, devilish good looks, money, humility, you know, stuff like that. And a bit of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I miss something? Was this a guest blog from Sean Connery?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. I always say this when it rains during the sunshine and my Indian husband (raised Hindu) just looks at me with amusement.

    ReplyDelete