Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Bachelor Sunday



I have been a bachelor for the last few days. The Redhead is in Honduras, an angel of mercy on a mission of love. Unsatisfied with the misfortunes of one of our ex-orphanage girls and her injured child, she caught a flight and went down to take matters into her own hands. At last report, things were under control and well-organized for the immediate future. I am confident that our girl's situation is much-improved. Mission accomplished, the angel will return in a few days and will be much happier than she has been these last few weeks.

Meanwhile on this side of the Gulf of Mexico, the bachelor life has been quiet but productive. I've gotten in some good writing time and may actually finish a short story I've been wanting to write for some time. I've survived the basics: I haven't starved, wore dirty clothes, or burned down the house. Everything is in as good or better condition as it was when she left.

The only hitch in this wild bachelor life has been today. I had a LONG motorcycle ride planned for this afternoon, but severe weather looks like that I may have to go to "Plan B."

Plan B is, of course, a long nap.

Yes, I know the bachelor life is tough, but sometimes you just have to struggle through it.

3 comments:

  1. Naps are good. Or you could put on galoshes and a raincoat and head out on the bike. See how far it will lean into a curve before you lose it altogether. That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that when I was 12 years old, amigo. Had on shorts, sneakers, and a t-shirt. Lesson learned.

    Ah, to be young and bullet-proof again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got some writing done, but so glad the Redhead's mission was successful and she will return to check the ACTUAL state of cleanliness, etc. Bachelors are not always trustworthy narrators :-)

    ReplyDelete