Saturday, August 6, 2011

An Open Letter to Auburn/Opelika, Alabama Politicians


Dear Idiots:

I hope you took the opportunity to ride around our little communities today.

Perhaps you noticed the traffic and the difficulty in finding a parking space at all our major shopping areas. Probably the largest crowds we've had in several years. Larger crowds than we've had during the holiday shopping season in the last three years.

I'm no genius politician like you all are, but I think it might have something to do with it being a "no sales tax holiday" across our great state. Seems that people will still get out and buy the things they need when they can save nine cents out of every dollar they spend, even in a recession, double-dip recession, global depression, or whatever you want to call this malaise.

Weren't you all the ones who raised our sales tax (coincidentally in both towns on the same day) a couple of months ago?

Might there be a lesson in this for you? Or are you just too stupid to understand human behavior and basic economics?

Perhaps if you cut our sales tax in half, we could have this kind of activity all along. People would buy all year long, and your precious revenues would actually increase. You could probably even all vote yourself a pay raise.

Enjoy your remaining time in office. Some of you will no doubt be re-elected, because voters have short memories.

But I don't. I won't vote for any of you, and I'll do my best to remind others not to either.

Have a great weekend, jackasses.

Ray

4 comments:

  1. Let it out, Ray! Don't hold back! Why, this is enough to make a Republican out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, I am NOT a Republican.  I am a "Free Radical."  There aren't many of us.  We attack both parties with equal fervor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I like that. I want to be a free radical too.

    ReplyDelete